Date of Birth: January 1, 1955
Place of Birth: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Place of Death: Child Birth Complications
Date of Death: December 13, 1986
Claim to Fame: Namak Halaal - 1982 - Movie
Debut: Mere Saath Chal - 1974 - Movie
1982 : Filmfare Best Actress Award for Chakra
1982 : National Film Award - Best Actress for Chakra
1978 : National Film Award - Best Actress for Bhumika
1978 : BFJA Best Actress Award for Bhumika
1982 : BFJA Best Actress Award for Chakra
1984 : BFJA Best Actress Award for Arth
1985 : Padma Shri Award
1988 : BFJA Best Actress Award for Mirch Masala
- One of India's greatest film directors, Mrinal Sen alleged that Smita Patil had died due to gross medical negligence.
submitted by - Mandy John
- When Smita Patil became romantically involved with the actor Raj Babbar, Patil drew severe criticism from her fans and the media, clouding her personal life and throwing her into the eye of a media storm. Raj Babbar left his wife, Nadira Babbar to marry Patil.
submitted by - Amit Kher
- In time Smita Patil was accepted by commercial filmmakers and from Raj Khosla and Ramesh Sippy to B.R. Chopra, they all agreed that she was "excellent".
submitted by - Amit Kher
- Smita Patil was an alumna of the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune.
submitted by - Dr. Reddy Labs
- Patil was working as a TV news reader and was also an accomplished photographer when Shyam Benegal discovered her.
submitted by - Nicky Status
Smita PatilLast Updated: Friday, November 06, 2009
Smita Patil is one among the few versatile Indian actresses, who have made a special position in the hearts of people. She was indeed the pride of Bollywood. She has given superb performances in her movies, for which she is admired even today. Well, in this article, we will present you with the biography of Indian actress Smita Patil.She has worked with wonderful directors like Govind Nihalani, Shyam Benegal, and Mrinal Sen. Smita Patil has performed in a number of Hindi and Marathi films.
Shmita Patil is the queen of Indian cinema. For some time, she also took the job of a TV news reader. She was a great photographer. She was a multifaceted personality. She had dominated the Indian film industry during the 1970s and 1980s. Smita Patil was an alumna of the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune. In the year 1977, Smita Patil received the National Award for best actress for her remarkable performance in the film Bhumika.
In most of her films, she was portrayed as a very strong woman, who is able to endure the pressures created by the male dominated society. Apart from being an actress, she was also an activist who raised several women issues. She tied her wedding knots with the well known Bollywood actor Raj Babbar. Smita Patil did not survive for long. Due to complications arising from the birth of son, she died on the December 13, 1986.
- Dilwaala Friday, November 07, 2003
- Akarshan Friday, January 01, 1988
- Dance Dance Friday, May 29, 1987
- Insaniyat Ke Dushman Thursday, January 01, 1987
- Debshishu Tuesday, January 01, 1985
- Mirch Masala Tuesday, January 01, 1985
- Aaj Ki Awaaz Friday, September 07, 1984
- Sharaabi Friday, January 06, 1984
- Kasam Paida Karne Wale Ki Sunday, January 01, 1984
- Farishta Sunday, January 01, 1984
- Giddh: The Vulture Sunday, January 01, 1984
- Anand Aur Anand Sunday, January 01, 1984
- Ardh Satya Friday, November 18, 1983
- Ghungroo Saturday, January 01, 1983
- Mandi Saturday, January 01, 1983
- Shakti Wednesday, September 22, 1982
- Arth Thursday, July 15, 1982
- Namak Halaal Friday, January 01, 1982
- Badle Ki Aag Friday, January 01, 1982
- Sadgati Thursday, January 01, 1981