Birth Name: Bhanurekha Gemini Ganesan
Nickname: The Bollywood Queen, Re
Madame X, Rekhaji
Date of Birth: March 10, 1954
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Place of Birth: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Height: 5' 7"
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Education: Meethibai College
Address: Sea Springs, Bungalow No. 2, Bandstand, Bandra, Mumbai 400 050
Sister:Dr Kamala Selvaraj
Spouse:Mukesh Aggarwal - Deceased
Vinod Mehra - Divorced
Debut: Sawan Bhadon - 1970 - Movie
1997 : Filmfare Award, Best Supporting Actress
for : Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi
1989 : Filmfare Award, Best Actress for : Khoon Bhari Maang
1981 : Filmfare Award, Best Actress for : Khubsoorat
1982 : Silver Lotus Award, Best Actress for : Umrao Jaan
1997 : Screen Award, Best Perfomance in a Negative Role - Female for : Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi
- Even though the movies she has made are in Hindi, her mother tongue is actually Telugu.
submitted by - Sandeep Sandeep Singh
- Ranked #5 by rediff.com in its list of the "Top 10 Bollywood Actresses Ever".
submitted by - Amitabh Dhiman
- Listed #50 by the UK magazine Eastern Eye one of "Asia's Sexiest Women".
submitted by - Nihaal Jain
- Has a search engine named after her with the domain name www.rekha.com.
submitted by - Akshya Dhiman
- She is very active on the Internet, especially on sites about movies. She is also a staunch feminist.
submitted by - Amit Rank
- Because it is the hardest job ever. As if.. not more responsible as a teacher's job. I know what it is to be deprived of a father's love. I would want a child to have both parents. That's why I've never thought of adoption.. or of having a child out of wedlock. - Unknown
submitted by - Sneha Dhiman
- Maybe beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, in one self. So what? I don't care if it's said she's on some sort of spiritual trip, she's obscure, vague, not normal.. she wants to be different. I'm not so different.. but people don't want to be common or normal. They have put me on a high pedestal.. or think I'm alien.. or. - Unknown
submitted by - Aksh Dhiman
- I don't have to spend hours planning and executing my clothes and makeup. I've done it for 40-odd years. I can't bring myself to spend more than 15 minutes on makeup and clothes. - Unknown
submitted by - Amit Kher
- Loner is just a word. It means I spend most my time on my own. Going by my nature, it's the most comfortable situation to be in. My god! Think of all the time I get to reason out things, not analyze situations, that's such a waste of time. But you've got to analyze things. And I never consciously created that time. It was bestowed on me. - Unknown
submitted by - Dr. Reddy Labs
- I never thought I'd be home alone, with all my sisters married and gone. I never thought I'd not have my own family, my own children. - Unknown
submitted by - Amit Kher
RekhaLast Updated: Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Rekha was born as Bhanurekha Ganesan on the 10th of October in 1954 in Chennai. She is one of the most brilliant as well gorgeous actresses of Bollywood. Well, in this article, we will present you with the biography of Indian actress Rekha.Acting is in her blood. Her father Gemini Ganesan was a well known Tamil actor and her mother Pushpavalli was a Telugu actress. It is said that her parents did not tie wedding knots. Infact, people are of the say that, when Rekha was born, her father didn't even make the declaration of his paternity. It was in the early 1970s that, she established her foot in the Indian film industry. She is believed to have had several relationships. She became the hottest topic of gossip.
All the magazines and newspapers were filled with rumors of Rekha's relationship with Bollywood stars Jeetendra, Vinod Mehra, Kiran Kumar, and Amitabh Bachchan. But, none of the relationships worked out and she finally got married to a Delhi based businessman Mukesh Aggarwal in the year 1990. However, he committed suicide the next year in 1991.Rekha made her first public appearance as a child artist in the Telugu film Rangula Ratnam (1966). Goadalli CID 999, a Kannada film was her first film in which she played the lead role of heroine. She worked in a number of Telugu, Kannada and Hindi films. Her Hindi film Sawan Bhadon was a major hit in the box office. This film brought her stardom overnight. After that, she was offered plenty of roles, but most of the roles demanded her to be portrayed as a glamour girl.
She did a number of films, some of which were very successful. To name a few, we have Kahani Kismat Ki, Raampur Ka Lakshman, and Pran Jaaye Par Vachan Na Jaaye. She got her first serious role in 1976, when she was signed for 'Do Anjaane' with Amitabh Bachchan. After that, she was offered lot of challenging roles of different genre and she took up the challenge and proved her worth. Muqaddar Ka Sikandar brought a lot of name and fame. Then, she kept climbing the ladders of success.
- Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hai Friday, July 19, 2013
- Bhoot 2 Friday, November 30, 2012
- Krrish 2 Friday, September 14, 2012
- Bajirao Mastani Friday, August 24, 2012
- Aadum Koothu Wednesday, December 01, 2010
- Sadiyaan Friday, April 02, 2010
- Dashavatar Friday, April 17, 2009
- Mallika Kamini Friday, July 18, 2008
- Om Shanti Om Friday, November 09, 2007
- Yatra Friday, May 04, 2007
- Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamana Wednesday, January 10, 2007
- Krrish Friday, June 23, 2006
- Bachke Rehna Re Baba Wednesday, July 27, 2005
- Parineeta Friday, June 10, 2005
- Bhoot Friday, April 15, 2005
- Nikkis Engagement Saturday, January 01, 2005
- Koi... Mil Gaya Friday, August 08, 2003
- Dil Hai Tumhaara Friday, September 06, 2002
- Lajja Wednesday, September 19, 2001
- Zubeidaa Sunday, July 15, 2001