Date of Birth: February 15, 1981
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Place of Birth: New Delhi , India
Height: 5' 8"
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Profession: Actress, Model
Claim to Fame: F.I.R. (2006) - TV Serial
Debut: Kutumb - Tv Series
- After her college she was modeling, hosting events and anchoring. When the Balaji Telefilms had its auditions in the capital city for their new venture `Kutumb` she appeared in auditions and was selected and moved to Mumbai.
submitted by - Amit Kher
- Love is really beautiful. As for marriage, it's too early. Our careers have just started. We don't want to be like other couples who just do a Nach Balliye and then get married. - Interview
submitted by - Amit Kher
- There's a travel show, Musafir Hoon Yaaron, with Deepti Bhatnagar. We had a whale of a time traveling across Italy on a beautiful cruise. - Interview
submitted by - Rokit Sharma
- Tigmanshu Dhulia's Woh Dus Din, a Star One telefilm, is surely my best work to date. Whenever the reruns are aired, people still call me up and praise my character of an inspector, Padmalaxmi. - Interview
submitted by - Mandy John
- It's very regressive. What really annoys me is that these days, we don't even have real actors, but people who just parrot lines. There is too much emphasis on facial expressions. Can't we show real-life situations where the vamps do big damage with a sweet smile? - Interview
submitted by - Nihaal Jain
- The main drawback of doing a major daily is after it's over, the audience doesn't accept you in some other role. I cannot live with this stagnation. - Interview
submitted by - Soha Ali
Kavita KaushikLast Updated: Friday, October 02, 2009
Kavita Kaushik is one of the popular small screen actresses. She is from Delhi and her father has been a police officer all through his life. Her mother is a housewife and she is the only child. She remarks in a recent interview that she inspite of her dad being a tough cop is still a die-hard romantic fan of her mother. Their family is a small nest, which is full of love.
In the end of her college she was modeling, hosting events and anchoring for pocket money. When the Balaji Telefilms had its auditions in the capital city for their new venture `Kutumb` her mom insisted that she should go ahead and try her luck. After Ekta Kapoor saw her she liked her and instantly called her to Mumbai and from then she has been putting up in Mumbai.
After her success in the popular soap `Kutumb` audiences saw Kavita Kaushik in another popular K-series soap `Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki` in the role of Manya. Then she portrays the character of Naina, the wife of Rahul Wadhwa in the popular afternoon daily `Kumkum`, then a `tapori` girl who comes into the life of trio Nitin, Raghu and Akki after the exit of Ram from this show. In another popular `Remix` she portrays a lawyer who wants to marry Sumeet Ahuja. She appeared in a brief role in the serial called `Tumhari Disha`. The energy and attitude she brings in each role is simply superb.
This young and talented actress is very happy with her share in television industry. She plays the funny character of Haryanvi cop in this soap and is thankful to her fan following for making this show such a big hit. In fact she would like to go to the extent of calling it one of the best comedy shows on television. She just adores the characters of Chandramukhi Chautala, Gulgule and Hanuman Prasad. The directors of this serial wanted her to play this no-nonsense cop but she suggested that she should play this fun-loving, romantic Haryanvi cop which no actress has ever played. Their gamble played off really well and people really love the rustic antics of Chandramukhi Chautala. She also things that a woman of today can pursue the man she loves inspite of being bounded by the cultural sensibilities.
What matters to this extremely versatile actress Kavita Kaushik is that people remembers her for her work. Rest she is not really bothered about the TRP ratings. She is happy that people have still kept her alive in their hearts for her performances in the soaps like `CID`, `Kesar` and `Tumhari Disha`. She is also not enthusiastic about playing lead roles on major channels because she feels that the audience doesn`t accept the actor once that same actress plays some other role. She does not prefer to live with this stagnation.
She feels today the television industry has become very regressive. What really annoys her is that there are hardly any real actors in the industry; most of them seem to be people who just parrot lines. She rates her role in Tigmanshu Dhulia`s `Wo Dus Din`, a telefilm on Star One channel as her best work. Whenever the reruns are aired people still call her and praise her.
There are a lot more projects on her pipeline including a travel show `Musafir Hoon Yaaron` with Deepti Bhatnagar. She declares that she had a whale of time traveling across Italy on a beautiful cruise. In her personal life also she is very happy with her boyfriend, another popular actor called Karan Grover but marriage is still not on the cards. She claims that she would like to see herself in a good platform before she decides to get married. This year she will also be seen taking part in the celebrity dance show `Nach Baliye 3`.
She also wants to work with her real life on-screen and is quite looking forward to it. In the next five years she wants to see herself riding a big horse in a big farmhouse having a huge farmland around it. She wants to live her life `king-size` and wants to live and let others live. She does not want to compromise with her heart. Her fans expect a lot out of this extremely gracious and talented actress in the coming years and she is sure to live upto their expectations.
- Mumbai Cutting Friday, April 27, 2012
- Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo Saturday, September 04, 2010
- Remix Monday, March 09, 2009
- F.I.R Friday, August 17, 2007
- Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan Monday, July 15, 2002
- Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii Monday, October 16, 2000