Uncle:Rishi Kapoor, Rajiv Kapoor
Maternal Aunt: Sadhana
Son:Kiaan Raj Kapoor
Relation:Great Grandfather: Prithviraj Kapoor
Grandfather: Raj Kapoor
Maternal Grandfather: Hari Shivdasani
Claim to Fame: Raja Hindustani - 1996 - Movie
Debut: Prem Qaidi - 1991 - Movie
Food: Chinese, Italian, Thai
Color: Black, White, Blue
2001 - Won Popular Award Actress in a Leading Role for: Fiza
2002 - Won Filmfare Award Best Actress - Critics for: Zubeidaa
2001 - Won Filmfare Award Best Actress for: Fiza
1998 - Won Filmfare Award Best Supporting Actress for: Dil To Pagal Hai
1997 - Won Filmfare Award Best Actress for: Raja Hindustani
- Karishma Kapoor is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films.
submitted by - Akshya Dhiman
- International musician-singer Bryan Adams impressed by Karishma Kapoor's beauty and enthusiasm.
submitted by - Sanjeev Dhiman
- Living-legend Dilip Kumar admit Karishma Kapoor as the most terrific woman on and off-screen, also admire her talent.
submitted by - Amit Kher
- Praised by several people, including superstar Amitabh Bachchan, film critic Khalid Mohammed and internationally-acclaimed filmmaker Shyam Benegal as the most talented and professional actress in the industry.
submitted by - Vaibhav Dhiman
- Bollywood industry insiders have re-christened her “Rani Hindustani” and “Heroine No.1”.
submitted by - Amit Kher
Karishma KapoorLast Updated: Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Karishma Kapoor was born on June 24, 1974 to Punjabi-speaking Randhir and his Sindhi-speaking wife, Babita, who is the daughter of actor Hari Shivdasani, and cousin to Sadhana. Karishma Kapoor is the third Kapoor female to appear on the silver screen in India.
Karishma Kapoor spent her early years of schooling in "Cathedral and John Connan High School" at Fort Bombay and did her CBSE before she joined "Sophi College For Fyjc" in Arts quitting her education in the end to stage her entry into the Bollywood.
Karisma Kapoor made her film debut with Prem Qaidi (1991) opposite Harish. Her next big hit was Anari (1993) and during this time she made news with a fight with her Andaz Apna Apna (1994) co-star, actress Raveena Tandon.
Karishma Kapoor had a series of hit comedies between 1994 and '97 starting with Raja Babu (1994) and ending with Hero No. 1 (1997) with Govinda and director David Dhawan. She hit the big time with the super success of Raja Hindustani (1996) and further consolidated her career with Dil To Pagal Hai (1997).
In Fiza (2000) Karishma Kapoor surprised many with an excellent performance showing great emotional range and depth. She has won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress 1996 for her role as Arthi in Raja Hindustani (1996). Karisma has won the National Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) as also the Filmfare and Zee award in the same category. She was offered Rani Mukherjee's role in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
The blue-eyed beauty has acted with all the heroes and enjoys her profession keeping fit all the time that whenever she gets her time off she finds and makes a bit of it to dance. She likes her profession which keeps her going all the time that she has a dream of getting into sort of a business having connections with the Bollywood as she wants to be a woman of substance. Formerly engaged to Abhishek Bachchan (2002). Four months after her engagement news of their split came. Then she finally married with Sanjay kapur, a famous industrialist.
- Nach Baliye 4 Friday, October 10, 2008
- Mere Jeevan Saathi Friday, February 03, 2006
- Baaz: A Bird in Danger Friday, February 07, 2003
- Deewana Tere Naam Ka Thursday, December 12, 2002
- Rishtey Friday, December 06, 2002
- Shakthi: The Power Friday, September 20, 2002
- Zubeidaa Sunday, July 15, 2001
- Ek Rishtaa: The Bond of Love Friday, May 18, 2001
- Aashiq Friday, January 26, 2001
- Shikari Friday, October 06, 2000
- Fiza Friday, September 08, 2000
- Hum To Mohabbat Karega Friday, May 26, 2000
- Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge Saturday, January 15, 2000
- Jaanwar Friday, December 24, 1999
- Hum Saath-Saath Hain: We Stand United Friday, November 05, 1999
- Haseena Maan Jaayegi Friday, June 25, 1999
- Silsila Hai Pyar Ka Thursday, April 08, 1999
- Dil To Pagal Hai Friday, October 31, 1997
- Lahoo Ke Do Rang Friday, March 21, 1997
- Hero No. 1 Friday, February 21, 1997