Date of Birth: December 9, 1981
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Place of Birth: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 52 Kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Vidyaranya High School For Boys And Girls, Hyderabad
Open University, Hyderabad
Loves: Children, Chocolates
Pottery, Horse Riding, Reading
Address: 402, Flamingo Apts., Veronica Rd., Bandra (W), Mumbai 400 050
Profession: Actress, Model
Debut: Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein - Movie - 2001
Food: Hyderabadi Biryani, Italian Pasta
Actor: Tom Cruise, Prince William
Movies: Forest Gump and Schlinder's List
Perfumes: Baby Doll by Ralph Lauren
- I have learned a lot in the film industry. There was a time when I told my mother let's go. I did not want to continue to act. It was getting frustrating. I realized that the minute your film flops those producers who are keen to sign you make an excuse and back out at the last minute. You are dropped from the film. Sometimes the film is announced in a lavish way but does not take off. I got tired of all this and thought of seriously giving up my career once and for all. But then I realized tha - Unknown
submitted by - Amit Kher
Diya MirzaLast Updated: Saturday, February 02, 2002
Diya Mirza was born, as Diya Mirza Handrich on 9 December 1981. She is one of the most perfect beauties among the Indian models and actresses. Diya Mirza was privileged with the title of Miss Asia Pacific for the year 2000 and also the second runner up in the Miss India 2000 beauty contest. Frank Handrich, her father was a German interior designer and her mother Deepa Mirza is a Bengali. Her parents separated when she was only six years old. Diya Mirza lost her father when she was nine and her mother again married Ahmed Mirza.
Diya Mirza retained a Muslim name (Mirza), in spite of being a devout Hindu. She spent her early days in Khairatabad, Hyderabad and attended Vidyaranya High School For Boys And Girls, a school based on the teachings of Jiddu Krishnamurti. She finished her schooling from Nasr School, in Kushnuma. She underwent one-week course of Film at New York University. At present, Dia Mirza lives in Bandra, Mumbai.
Diya Mirza first came into limelight due to her fashion shows and then Miss Asia Pacific Competition, modeling assignments, traveling and training. Dia Mirza is a multilingual person and expert in Urdu, Bengali, Hindi, English.
Diya Mirza made her cinematic debut with the romantic film Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein opposite R. Madhavan. A series of films followed; among them remarkable ones are Tumsa Nahin Dekha and Deewaanapan. In 2005, Mirza appeared in a Vidhu Vinod Chopra production Parineeta. She also played a part in the music video `Kajara Mohabbat Wala` along with Sonu Nigam from the album Kajara Nite. The album featured a number of multiple remixes.
Today Diya Mirza is working in numerous other films which are sure to bring her more and more success.
- Alibaug Friday, April 12, 2013
- Kurbaan Friday, November 20, 2009
- Acid Factory Friday, October 09, 2009
- Kisaan Friday, March 20, 2009
- Jai Veeru Friday, March 13, 2009
- Luck By Chance Friday, January 30, 2009
- Krazzy 4 Friday, April 11, 2008
- Dus Kahaniyaan Friday, December 07, 2007
- Om Shanti Om Friday, November 09, 2007
- Cash Friday, July 13, 2007
- ShootOut at Lokhandwala Friday, May 25, 2007
- Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. Friday, February 23, 2007
- Lage Raho Munna Bhai Friday, September 01, 2006
- Phir Hera Pheri Friday, June 09, 2006
- Fight Club - Members Only Friday, February 17, 2006
- Dus Friday, July 08, 2005
- Parineeta Friday, June 10, 2005
- Blackmail Tuesday, April 26, 2005
- Koi Mere Dil Mein Hai Saturday, January 01, 2005
- Kyun? Ho Gaya Na Tuesday, May 04, 2004