Birth Name: Bhagyashree Patwardhan
Common Name: Bhagyashree Himalaya Dasani
Date of Birth: February 23, 1969
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Place of Birth: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Height: 5' 2"
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Loves: Hot Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Ice-Cream
Father:H.H. Meherban Shrimant Raja Vijaysinhrao Madhavrao Patwardhan
Claim to Fame: Maine Pyar Kiya - 1989 - Movie
Debut: Kachhi Dhoop - Television Series
Food: Dal, Rice, Poha
1990 : Bhagyashree won Filmfare Award, Lux Face of the Year
- Bhagyashree also participate in Jhalak Dikhlaja season 3.
submitted by - Akshya Dhiman
- Bhagyashree speaks Marathi, Hindi, English, and is also familiar with Sanskrit.
submitted by - Sanjeev Dhiman
- She made a comeback to films in Humko Deewana Kar Gaye in 2006.
submitted by - Amit Kher
- Bhagyashree also acted in the Parag Sarees commercial, which was a combination of singing and dancing. (It contained her saying in different Indian languages that people like Parag Saree.
submitted by - Amit Kher
- Her career took a down turn after she started insisting on doing roles only opposite her husband Himalaya Dassani. Since then she only acted in television serials.
submitted by - Sandeep Sandeep Singh
BhagyashreeLast Updated: Saturday, October 31, 2009
Bhagyashree is someone who rejected everything because she had found true love and had got married to her love. Everything about Bhagyashree was quite filmi but only thing that made the difference was that these were happening to a film star. She could have the sun and the moon as well as the stars but she opted for the mountain, Himalaya, her husband. Bhagyashree made her sensational debut in 1990 against Salman Khan in Sooraj Barjatya's super duper hit film 'Maine Pyar Kiya'. This movie become such a saleable one that it broke many a record on the way. The stars - Bhagyashree and Salman Khan - could not believe their good luck.
Salman kept signing many more films but Bhagyashree decided to quit everything and settle down for marital bliss.Nothing was as heartening as this decision of hers. Millions and millions of her admirers were shattered and heartbroken. Nothing deterred her decision of not coming back. But one fine day, Bhagyashree made this unusual decision of working with only her dear hubby Himalaya Dasani. The directors and producers could not believe this madness but tried out that also.
This proved to be quite expensive for them as all the films with Bhagyashree and Himalaya, like 'Qaid Mein Hain Bulbul' and 'Payal' fared miserably on the boxoffice. It proved to be a bad gamble. Bhagyashree now has to content herself with a couple of TV serials and there is news of her coming back to the big screen against Akshaye Khanna. Had Bhagyashree decided to use her senses, she would be as saleable as her co-star Salman Khan. But, everyone has but one destiny!
- Red Alert - The War Within Friday, July 09, 2010
- Humko Deewana Kar Gaye Friday, April 14, 2006
- Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye Friday, April 14, 2006
- Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi Friday, January 01, 1993
- Maine Pyar Kiya Thursday, May 04, 1989