Date of Birth: May 1, 1988
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Place of Birth: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Height: 5' 9"
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Education: Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
Hobbies: Dancing , Music, Reading Books
Father:Ajay Kumar Sharma
Profession: Actress, Model
Claim to Fame: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi - 2008 - Movie
Debut: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi - 2008 - Movie
Food: Butter Chicken, Sea Food
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Amir Khan
Actress: Sri Devi, Rekha
Movies: Dilwale Dulhaniya Le jayenge
Color: Black, White, Red
- Wished to make it big in the modeling world but had no strong aspirations for films.
submitted by - Amit Kher
- Anushka Sharma was groomed by renowned style consultant Prasad Bidapa, whom she met when she was just 15 years of age in bangalore.
submitted by - Chotu Dhiman
- She was the find of internationally acclaimed Goan fashion designer Wendell Rodricks.
submitted by - Chotu Dhiman
- Through the Elite Modeling Agency, Anushka Sharma's pictures reached the casting directors of Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and she was called in for an audition.
submitted by - Mandy John
- She is currently filming for another Yash Raj Film titled "Right Hand Man" with Shahid Kapoor (directed by Parmeet Sethi) and is going to begin shooting for her first venture outside of Yash Raj with Nikhil Advani and Akshay Kumar in "Patiala House," scheduled to start in December.
submitted by - Soha Ali
- I would love to have someone like Suri. He should be a nice man. I believe in having a man who is beautiful and strong from inside ... Inner beauty is most important. But I found Suri to be handsome and good-looking too. - Unknown
submitted by - Vaibhav Dhiman
- He came up to me and said mine was one of the best performances he had seen by a debutante. He placed his hand on my head while saying this. So he was blessing me. - Unknown
submitted by - Sandeep Sandeep Singh
- All the while I was modelling in Bangalore, maybe there was an actor lurking within me. I'm crazy about my modelling work. I love the ramp and the backstage banter. I moved to Mumbai a year ago. Movies were not a priority. I don't come from a film background, don't know how the industry works. I didn't know anyone here. - Unknown
submitted by - Amit Rank
- Otherwise army officers, who give their lives for the country, could be posted anywhere in the back of beyond. That gets really tough on their kids. Me and my brother (who used to be a state-level cricketer) got the best of education in Bangalore. - Unknown
submitted by - Amit Kher
- I kept coming to Mumbai for modelling assignments. I decided to move into Mumbai a year ago with my mom, since my dad is posted out. I haven't bought my place. Right now I'm very comfortable in the army quarters. I don't feel the need to move from where I am. - Unknown
submitted by - Rokit Sharma
Anushka SharmaLast Updated: Saturday, November 07, 2009
Anushka Sharma is model and actress in the Bollywood film industry. In 2008, she played the female lead role in the Bollywood film Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, directed by Aditya Chopra, who earlier directed hits like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) and Mohabbatein (2000).
Anushka Sharma was born to an army based family in Bangalore. Her father is a highly ranked Army Officer and her mother is a housewife. She has one elder brother who was a state-level cricketer and is now in the Merchant Navy. She studied in Army School and then excelled to achieve a graduation specialized in arts from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore.
Anushka Sharma is currently studying for a degree in economics at Mount Carmel, which she is completing through correspondence. Right from a young age, Anushka Sharma wished to make it big in the glamor world. She was once quoted as saying "I can't see myself doing anything else." With moral support from her parents, a confident Anushka enrolled in the Elite Modeling Agency.
Anushka Sharma was groomed by renowned style consultant Prasad Bidapa, whom she met when she was just 15 years of age. Bidapa admits that Anushka Sharma always had the quality to be a star. She was the find of internationally acclaimed Goan fashion designer Wendell Rodricks. He spotted her while she was moving around in a clothes showroom in Bangalore. Their chance meeting resulted in her moving to Mumbai.
Anushka Sharma began her modeling career at the Lakme Fashion Week and was a show-stopper at Wendell Rodricks Les Vamps Show. Within a year she became a sensational model in India, and was picked to be Wendell Rodricks's finale model at the Spring Summer '07 Collection. Since then the demure looking model has done campaigns for Silk & Shine, Whisper, Nathella Jewelry and Fiat Palio.
Through the Elite Modeling Agency, her pictures reached the casting directors of Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and she was called in for an audition. After a few more auditions, she was officially cast for the female lead, Taani. On her portrayal of this character in her debut film, Anushka has been described by viewers as delivering a confident performance likened to that of a veteran actress and standing out even against her co-star, Shahrukh Khan. Anushka Sharma has stated that she currently has a contract to do two more movies with Yash Raj Films but is free to do films outside YRF to further her career if she wishes.
- Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola Friday, March 15, 2013
- Bombay Velvet Wednesday, December 12, 2012
- Ladies VS Ricky Bahl Friday, December 09, 2011
- Patiala House Friday, February 11, 2011
- Band Baaja Baaraat Friday, December 10, 2010
- Badmaash Company Friday, May 07, 2010
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi Friday, December 12, 2008